PHOTOS: Rain-drenched Christmas carnival goes ahead in Honiton - and raises £300 for good causes
- Credit: Alex Walton
A wet affair meant some residents stayed away from Honiton’s Christmas carnival - but organisers say they are still pleased with how the colourful event went.
Torrential rain failed to put a dampner on the festive parade, which caps off this year’s carnival circuit for East Devon.
Twelve brightly-illuminated floats made their way through Honiton, cheered on by onlookers who had braved the wet weather.
Karen Wilson, secretary of Honiton Carnival Committee, said: “It was a very good night, we had a lot of floats.
“However, it was a bit soggy! We collected £300, which will go towards good causes decided at our annual general meeting next March.
You may also want to watch:
“I think this year’s carnival circuit has been very successful, although it was a shame we lost Exmouth.
“Both carnivals in Honiton ran smoothly.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
“Thank you to everyone who helped out and turned up to support this year’s parades.”