PICTURES: Christmas windfall for raffle winners
Winners of this year’s South and East Devon community raffle announced.
Prize winners in Honiton and Axminster have got their Christmas off to a cracking start after getting an early festive surprise - courtesy of this year’s South and East Devon community raffle.
The winners of the raffle - Lee Manley, Brenda Miller and Lisa Jones - were presented with cheques by Mike Huxtable, of Ottery Valley Rotary Club.
Ruby and Ethan Hart collected a cheque on behalf of their grandmother Sarah Hoad.
The raffle is organised by the Rotary Clubs of Axminster, Crediton Boniface, Dawlish Water, Otter Valley, Sid Valley and Teignmouth.
You may also want to watch:
The four prizes ranged from �1,000 to �250.
The event is held from May through to November.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
A second raffle draw was held and nine prizes were given to organisations that have taken part in the raffle by selling tickets.
Groups in Honiton were lucky enough to receive four out of the nine prizes of �50 - Honiton Gym Club, Honiton Rugby Football Club Juniors, and Honiton Development Trust.
Information about the Rotary’s 2013 community raffle will appear in this newspaper next year.