PICTURES: On the run in Honiton
Runners flock to Honiton for the Sport Relief Mile.
Runners packed the streets of Honiton to take part in this year’s Sport Relief Mile.
Participants set off from the Mackarness Hall on Sunday and even town mayor, Councillor Vernon Whitlock also took part in the charity challenge.
Town mayor, Councillor Vernon Whitlock, said: “It was a fantastic event for a great cause. Over 500 people of all ages took part and enjoyed the day in bright sunshine.
“I was the last walker in for the second time. If only I didn’t stop to greet everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
Schools and colleges across the district have been busy fund-raising by holding their own fun runs and charity comedy shows.
Honiton Community College raised more than �1,000 after holding a number of events last Friday.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'