PICTURES: Out of Time
Honiton Community College students wow audiences during their latest summer production.
Audiences were transported back to the swinging sixties in Honiton Community College’s summer production of Out of Time.
Out of Time, by Gaeme Baxter, centres on the lives of teenagers during the 1966 World Cup and is a nostalgic look back at British culture during this era focusing on teenage culture and relationships.
It was a night to remember especially for year 13 students Hannah Walker, Josie Denning, Roanna, Claire Bailey and Maisie Hill as it was their last college production.
The show featured some popular classic hits from the era which got the audience’s toes tapping in their seats.
You may also want to watch:
Maisie Hill was fantastic in bringing the feisty character of Liz to life with the help of her gang of girlfriends played by Emma Prettejohn, Becky Hooper, Jessica Donovan and Beth Hibbert.
The gin-drinking teacher Mrs Lewis, played by Beth Sillitoe, also got plenty of laughs during the shows. The production showcased the talents of the college’s student’s in music, drama and dance.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
This latest production follows on from the success of Les Miserables, which was the college’s most ambitious production to date, with tickets selling out.