PICTURES: Ringing in the Olympics
Seaton gets into the Olympic spirit.
Residents in Seaton turned out with bells on to celebrate the start of the Olympic Games.
Bells of every size and shape, tambourines and iPhones with bell ringing apps were used by crowds that gathered on Windsor Gardens this morning (Friday).
People across the country were asked by Turner prize winning artist Martin Creed to ring ‘all the bells in the country’ for three minutes at 8.12am.
Town Crier David Craner was also on hand with some extra bells.
You may also want to watch:
The celebratory bell ringing also proved to be a good deterrent to keep the resort’s seagulls away.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery