PICTURES: Snow blankets East Devon
- Credit: Archant
Take a look at some of the beautiful scenes created by the snow.
Much of East Devon was blanketed in snow on Friday morning, creating some beautiful landscapes.
According to the Met Office yesterday’s sleet and snow will become patchier but it will linger for many in the east of the county. It will remain cold all day with a maximum temperature of 5C and strong winds.
A number of East Devon schools have closed today due to the poor conditions.
In the evening the sleet and snow is predicted to ease but icy patches on roads and pavements will continue to cause problems.
Temperatures could drop to -2C overnight with wintry showers moving westward across the county.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday showers will continue to cause problems in the west but the rest of the county should experience some dry and sunny periods. East Devon should stay snow free all day but it will remain cold, with a maximum temperature of 7C.
It will be warmer on Sunday as the rain clears and Monday is predicted to be dry and bright.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon
Send your snow pictures to email@example.com.