PICTURES: Team work is child’s play
New equipment unveiled at Allhallows playground in Honiton.
A new addition has been unveiled at Allhallows playground, transforming the area into a fun place for all the family.
Children from Honiton Primary School, who helped to choose the play equipment, put it through its paces last Thursday.
They even brought along their cuddly friends for a special teddy bears picnic.
The mayor, Councillor David Foster, who has been a driving force behind the project, was joined by a special guest – the Mayor’s Bear.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It is marvellous. It feels great to finally have it completed at Allhallows Playing Field.
“It has been wonderful to work with the children and Honiton Primary School on this project.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
“I want to thank them for all their work as they have been so helpful and involved.”
Honiton Primary School worked closely with Honiton Town Council to choose the new equipment.
Mr Foster added: “How often does a community come together in this way? The play equipment will be something for our children and their children’s children.”
This has been a personal project for Cllr Foster who took up the cause when he first joined Honiton Town Council.
It has taken three years to come to fruition.
“The whole family can now come along. All the equipment is designed in order to encourage play and learning and help a child’s development,” says Mr Foster.
He hopes to replace the slide and build a new roundabout and added: “There is still more I would like to do. It is an ongoing project and I am very pleased we have made it to this stage.”