Picturesque drive for Poppy Appeal organiser
A contrast to the conditions being experienced by service personnel.
On behalf of the Royal British Legion, I would like to thank all the volunteers and villagers in the Feniton area for raising the sum of �2,204.45 for this year’s Poppy Appeal.
The villages, of Clyst Hydon, Clyst St Lawrence, Talaton, Feniton, Buckerell and Gittisham, are in the area I cover. It was a very picturesque drive around the lanes, the autumn colours amazing. What a contrast to the conditions our lads and lasses in the war zones are experiencing.
Thank you all most sincerely.
You may also want to watch:
Local Poppy Appeal organiser
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 4 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years
- 10 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism