Picturesque drive for Poppy Appeal organiser
A contrast to the conditions being experienced by service personnel.
On behalf of the Royal British Legion, I would like to thank all the volunteers and villagers in the Feniton area for raising the sum of �2,204.45 for this year’s Poppy Appeal.
The villages, of Clyst Hydon, Clyst St Lawrence, Talaton, Feniton, Buckerell and Gittisham, are in the area I cover. It was a very picturesque drive around the lanes, the autumn colours amazing. What a contrast to the conditions our lads and lasses in the war zones are experiencing.
Thank you all most sincerely.
You may also want to watch:
Local Poppy Appeal organiser
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 7 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 It's time to get on your bike for the Hospiscare Tour de Devon