Pupils clean up at Seaton Beach
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Seaton Primary School have given the town’s pebble beach a clean up – removing an ‘amazing’ amount of rubbish.
As part of their 'wonderful world' project, youngsters in Year 2 have been thinking about how to look after the environment and help their local area.
The children worked hard and covered a large section of the beach, gathering unnatural items they found along the way.
Teacher Jess Broom was delighted with what the pupils had achieved during the clean up on Friday, January 17.
She said: "We were amazed at how much rubbish we found washed up on Seaton Beach and the children took great pride in collecting and sorting through the litter, and re-using what they could.
You may also want to watch:
"A big well done to all of the Year 2 pupils at Seaton Primary School for their excellent effort during the beach clean."
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone