Pirates hunt for treasure in Seaton
Young buccaneers stage a colourful parade to raise money for the air ambulance
PIRATES took to the streets of Seaton on Friday – to “plunder” cash for a worthy cause.
The young buccaneers were raising money for the Devon Air Ambulance – part of a week of activities in the resort to support the flying medics.
The pirates paraded around the town, led by Captain Chris Seagull - local businessman, Chris Byrne Jones.
After a treasure hunt, involving local shops, they boarded a special tram - The Seaton Pearl – to find more “booty”. Mayor Peter Burrows was also there to award a prize and silver cup to Charlie Board for the best pirate costume.
Organsiers say the event was such a hit they plan to make it an annual one.
- 1 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 2 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 3 Campsite bid for farm to boost business
- 4 New homes released for sale in Seaton with help available for first time buyers
- 5 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 6 Careless charity shop donors are costing Devon Air Ambulance money
- 7 Information sought on fly-tipping incident in Honiton
- 8 'A new era, and a new beginning for Honiton Town Council'
- 9 Honiton slip to home defeat against brilliant Bovey
- 10 New £60,000 funding for Honiton play park