Pirates hunt for treasure in Seaton
Young buccaneers stage a colourful parade to raise money for the air ambulance
PIRATES took to the streets of Seaton on Friday – to “plunder” cash for a worthy cause.
The young buccaneers were raising money for the Devon Air Ambulance – part of a week of activities in the resort to support the flying medics.
The pirates paraded around the town, led by Captain Chris Seagull - local businessman, Chris Byrne Jones.
After a treasure hunt, involving local shops, they boarded a special tram - The Seaton Pearl – to find more “booty”. Mayor Peter Burrows was also there to award a prize and silver cup to Charlie Board for the best pirate costume.
You may also want to watch:
Organsiers say the event was such a hit they plan to make it an annual one.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public