Pirates welcomed aboard at Uplyme village hall
Youngsters enjoy three days of buccaneering fun organised by the church holiday club
THE Skull and Crossbones was hoisted at Uplyme Village Hall last week, when pirates took control.
The annual church holiday club welcomed local youngsters aboard for three days of buccaneering fun.
The pirate-themed activities were launched by Captain Jack Wheelbarrow and Nigellica who presented their own brand of humour and wackiness.
Other events included sports and games, explosive science, music and learning to bake.
You may also want to watch:
Church warden Jo Cursley told The Herald: ”It was a great success. We had around 60 children come each day and the pirates theme was very popular. They also really enjoyed the barbecue on the final day, which was also attended by parents.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism