Pirates welcomed aboard at Uplyme village hall
Youngsters enjoy three days of buccaneering fun organised by the church holiday club
THE Skull and Crossbones was hoisted at Uplyme Village Hall last week, when pirates took control.
The annual church holiday club welcomed local youngsters aboard for three days of buccaneering fun.
The pirate-themed activities were launched by Captain Jack Wheelbarrow and Nigellica who presented their own brand of humour and wackiness.
Other events included sports and games, explosive science, music and learning to bake.
You may also want to watch:
Church warden Jo Cursley told The Herald: ”It was a great success. We had around 60 children come each day and the pirates theme was very popular. They also really enjoyed the barbecue on the final day, which was also attended by parents.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery