Pizza sales net £1,000 for Lyme Regis RNLI
- Credit: Archant
Pizza sellers have served up a cheque for £1,000 to the RNLI.
The money was raised at a stall during Lyme Regis Lifeboat Week and was a joint effort by the local powerboat club and the Rebel Town Pizza team.
Last week the cheque was presented to the lifeboat crew by officers of the powerboat club and the pizza sellers.
Pictured at the handover are: back row - Tom Wallis, Tim Edwards, Martin Croad, Ross Clifford, Jon Broome, Elliott Herbert.
Front - Jenny Payne, Georgina Cobden, Sean Budge, Les Clifford, William Curnoe.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Lyme Regis Lifeboat Guild is planning for its next big fundraising event - the Christmas Day fancy dress swim at Charmouth Beach.
The chilly splash is scheduled to start at 11am and those taking part, as well as the spectators, are urged to be there well ahead of the start time.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
A spokesman warned: “We don’t hang around.
“It’s all done and dusted by 11.05am!”