PJ day for Little Acorns
- Credit: Archant
Shute pre school youngsters wear nightwear to celebrate world book day
Staff and youngsters at Little Acorns Pre-School, in Shute, spent a busy day – dressed in their nightwear.
They donned pyjamas to celebrate world book day – and combined the event with an open morning for parents.
The children took along their favourite books to share with their friends.
Michele Young, pre-school leader, said: “We all had a lot of fun, the children thought it was great coming in their PJs and really enjoyed sharing their journey books with their parents.”
You may also want to watch:
One said: “As a parent I just wanted to say a big thank you for the parent’s morning. Both my husband and I were so pleased to have attended and to see how our daughter has developed at pre-school and how well she interacts with the other children.
“We were also very pleased to sit down with her key person and go through the journey book and have a chat to her about our daughter’s development. We also got some much needed advice and reassurance about when she moves up to reception class in September when she will only be four years and one month old!
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
“It was also lovely to see and chat with the other parents which I don’t usually get an opportunity to do.”
Little Acorns Pre-School is set within the grounds of Shute Community Primary School and open during term time. To find out more about it call Michele or one of the team on 07592 899236.