Plans for 12 homes in heart of Awliscombe are shelved
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build 12 homes on a parcel of land in Awliscombe have been withdrawn.
An application was lodged in December 2016 to build eight affordable and four market rate houses at Greenways in Green Lane, which lies in the heart of the village.
Applicant Feniton Park Ltd said the development would have a ‘minimal visual impact’ on the village and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - which the site lies just outside the boundary of.
The application was lodged after district planners rejected plans submitted by Feniton Park to construct 15 homes north of Greenway in 2015.
In its new application for 12 homes, Feniton Park said the development complied with current policies and addressed previous concerns relating to highways matters.
You may also want to watch:
However, the plans attracted six letters of objections from residents, who voiced concerns over the development’s sustainability and impact on drainage.
The plans have now been shelved.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax