Plans submitted to retain Uplyme’s park and ride for another season
- Credit: Archant
A bid has been made to keep Uplyme’s seasonal park and ride running for the next seven months.
Lyme Regis Town Council wants the service, which runs from a site on to the north of the A3052 Sidmouth Road in Uplyme, to run from March 30 to September 30 this year.
The site was first proposed as a park and ride in 2004 as a temporary measure while coastal works were being carried out.
However, the town council say it is clear that demand for the facility has continued, despite two town centre car parks in Lyme Regis being fully operational.
Under the proposals, the site will be open every weekend and bank holiday between Easter and the beginning of September.
You may also want to watch:
It would also open seven days a week at peak time during school holidays.
Its normal hours will be 9am to 7pm.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 6 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 10 The US Open: Part One
The application will be decided by district planners.