Plans unveiled for new Seaton youth centre
New committee is formed to drive ambitious project forward.
PLANS for a youth cenre in Seaton have been put forward to town councillors.
Local architect Ruta Kreivyte presented the project drawings at a capital projects and committee meeting on Wednesday, June 16.
The draft design is part of a Seaton Youth and Community (SYNC) project, and includes facilities for recording, making short films and for the return of a youth nightclub. It is expected to have quiet sections and a meeting place with an internet cafe, large sofas and a pool table.
Councillor Sophie O’Connell, newly-elected committee chairman and founder of Grove Zero, has called for youngsters to share their views on what they want in the town.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “As part of the campaign, SYNC is looking to work with young people right from day one to get the facilities they want and where they want them. Working in SYNC with Seaton, SYNC aims to make 2010 the year for young people.
“As part of the project, SYNC is asking Seatonians, groups and experienced individuals to come forward, give their support and help form part of a special town-wide umbrella organisation to bring this project forward.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Gallery applauded for resilience and creativity during 'very tough times'
- 5 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 6 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 7 Rugby star Ben Moon’s Testimonial year begins
- 8 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 9 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 10 Steve's Great Hike
The current plans are to build the centre at the Underfleet play area, which is currently leased to the town council by East Devon District Council.
For more information, call Sophie on 07794496923 or email email@example.com