Play area opened in Dalwood by popular children’s author
- Credit: Archant
A popular author has officially opened a new play area in Dalwood - raising important funds for improvements to the Jubilee Field and Pavilion in the process.
Catherine Anholt who performed the opening ceremony of the new children's play area at Dalwood's Jubilee Field.
Since 2012, The Dalwood Recreation Trust has held fundraising events to help finance new equipment and improvements at the field.
With the help of individual donations from villagers and various organisations, the trust has completely revamped the play area.
The new equipment includes a triple swing and twin tower climbing structure with tubular slide, both made by local firm Pathways, and an Ashbury climbing frame made by Handmade Places.
You may also want to watch:
The official opening was followed by an annual plant and garden sale, which raised more than £600 for the improvements to the site.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost