Plea for council to reconsider jet ski decision
Fears for mackerel.
Would Councillor Daryl Turner and West Dorset district Council’s leisure and tourism manager, Nick Thornley, please reconsider their plans to allow jet skis in Lyme Regis?
Jet- kis would ruin the family nature of Lyme.
Not only would these self-indulgent people create noise and endanger swimmers, body-boarders and those using inflatables, they would also drive the mackerel - on which so much of Lyme’s tourism depends - further out and damage the business of those who have lived in Lyme all their lives and for whom mackerel fishing trips form a significant part of their livelihoods.
If readers would like to write to support the campaign to keep jet skis away from Lyme, they can email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism