Plea for superfast broadband
Residents and businesses are being urged to support a campaign and help it reach 25,000 responses.
Residents and businesses are being urged to support a campaign for superfast broadband.
The Connecting Devon and Somerset Superfast Boradband programme is looking to reach 25,000 responses to their survey before it closes in August.
The prgramme is being led by Devon and Somerset County Councils in partnership with Bath and North East Somerset, North Somerset, Plymouth and Torbay Councils.
Devon County Councillor Will Mumford said: “The response so far has been amazing. We have had a lot of support for the programme across the region from families, parishes and businesses.
You may also want to watch:
“We are asking people to fill in the survey to tell us about their current broadband speeds, the limitations of what they can do at the moment and what they would like to be able to do with improved broadband.
“We need to prove how much demand there is for superfast broadband so that we can use the evidence to show the private sector how much it is needed and secure further investment.”
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
The programme aims to provide 100 per cent broadband coverage of 2Mbps with a minimum of 85per cent superfast broadband at 24Mbps by 2015 and superfast broadband for all by 2020.
Surveys can be completed online at www.connectingdevonandsomerset.co.uk, or ordered directly from the team by emailing Chibugo.Ochonma@devon.gov.uk