Pledge from Byrne-Jones
A few years ago, the opening scene in the youth centre pantomime was the bazaar in Baghdad – that reminds me of Seaton at the moment, looking like a bomb site.
A few years ago, the opening scene in the youth centre pantomime was the bazaar in Baghdad - that reminds me of Seaton at the moment, looking like a bomb site.
Demonstrating up and down the streets, war of words in Your Letter in the Midweek Herald, rows in the council chamber and a weapon of mass destruction, Tesco, and all after the head of Councillor Semple.
Our solution is the same. We have to change the hearts and minds of all of the population.
Our strongest asset in Seaton is the community. They have kept me in business for over 40 years. They supported me fantastically with my 22 years of Seaton Scouts and the band, and gave me incredible support for 19 years at the youth centre. No youngster went without the opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
We have, in Seaton, a marvellous charity in Phoenix, working hard with every penny going back into the community.
Over the last five years our business in Seaton has declined. Recession, loss of the holiday camp etc, so we have set about getting back into profit with an aim of 30 per cent rise in turnover this year. A Gordon Ramsey makeover, rebranding, etc. We will do it.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 4 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 5 Roadmap out of pandemic cheers Charter Day organisers
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Good to see the Chiefs' stars get their Lions' share for coveted tour
- 9 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 10 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
So, folks, it's "pay back time".
I pledge that, from now on, two per cent of our profits in Byrne-Jones Limited will be donated to Phoenix to regenerate the community and, on reaching that magical age today, I will be re-writing my will and Phoenix will get a small legacy.
Seaton's motto is "Seek, Strive, Attain". Can we do it Seaton?
Yes we can!