Police appeal after motorcyclist, 26, is killed
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses wanted following fatal crash on the A35 near Monkton Wyld
Police are appealing for witnesses following a two vehicle collision near Charmouth which claimed the life of a young motorcyclist.
The accident happened at approximately 5pm on Thursday, February, 26 on the eastbound carriageway of the A35 at Monktyn Wyld.
A red Volvo rigid goods vehicle, driven by a 23-year-old man from Exeter, collided with an orange Zontes ZT motorcycle, ridden by a 26-year-old man from Lyme Regis, at the junction of the A35 and Elsdon Lane.
The rider of the motorcycle sustained serious injuries and was airlifted from the scene to Southmead Hospital in Bristol where he sadly died a short time later from his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road remained closed for a number of hours to allow the scene to be examined by collision investigators and the cause of the collision to be established.
Any witnesses to the collision or the manner of driving, by either vehicle, are asked to contact Police Sergeant Mark Scammell or Police Constable David Lawrence, of Dorset Police’s Traffic Unit, by calling 101.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
No arrests have been made.
Witnesses and anyone with information should call Dorset Police in confidence on 101 quoting incident number: 26:313. Alternatively, call the free and anonymous Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111 where mobile phone tariffs may apply.