Police appeal after unprovoked attack in Honiton
Victim was using his mobile phone when he was approached by two males and punched in the face. Did you witness the assault?
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward after a male was subjected to an unprovoked attack in High Street, Honiton.
In particular, they would like to hear from a person who went over to the victim after the attack and spoke to him.
DC Vicky Grimwood, of Honiton CID, said the victim was talking on his mobile phone close to the junction with Dowell Street when he was approached by two males and punched in the face.
The random attack happened shortly before 3am on Sunday, December 18.
You may also want to watch:
Following the attack, the victim’s face was bruised and swollen.
If you can help police, call DC Grimwood on 101 and quote crime reference number KH/11/976.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 6 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 7 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect