Police appeal launched after attempted burglary
Witnesses urged to come forward after an attempt was made to break into the Thelma Hulbert Gallery in Honiton.
Police are appealing for witnesses after an attempt was made to break into the Thelma Hulbert Gallery in Honiton.
A man is reported to have tried to prise open the front door of the gallery in Dowell Street at around 6.40am on Wednesday, May 16
The suspect is described as being in his late teens and was wearing jeans and a grey hoody.
He also had a black rucksack.
A police spokesman said the suspect fled the scene on a silver BMX bike.
Anyone with information is urged to call police on 101 quoting crime reference number KH/12/357.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 Karate club members push their limits for charity
- 8 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
The East Devon District Council-run gallery was targeted by thieves back in August last year who caused significant damage to the front door.