Police called following Honiton knife drama
- Credit: Archant
Police attended a property in Streamers Meadow this morning (Wednesday, May 11).
Police officers were called to a property in Honiton this morning (May 11) following concerns for the welfare of a woman who was believed to have been in possession of a knife.
Units attended a property in Streamers Meadow after police were called around 10.35am.
A cordon was set up as police attempted to negotiate with the woman.
Closures were put in place at Jerrard Close and Livermore Road.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said the incident ended peacefully, and a woman in her thirties is now in police custody.
They went on to say that she is currently awaiting assessment by a mental health professional.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
There are currently no reports of anyone being injured during the incident.