Police continue to target speeding drivers
‘Speed checks aimed at educating drivers,’ say police in Seaton.
Police in Seaton will be continuing to target speeding drivers in the town.
Seaton’s Neighbourhood Beat Team says it will be carrying out further speed checks over the coming weeks.
A police spokesman said: “The main purpose of these speed check days are to educate and warn drivers who commit offences.”
Checks were carried out by officers on Friday, July 20, at various locations in the resort.
You may also want to watch:
At Seaton Down Hill, 27 vehicles were found exceeding the 30mph limit, travelling between 31 to 35mph, and a further 14 vehicles were travelling over 36mph.
In Harepath Road one vehicle was to be travelling at between 46 and 50mph – exceeding the 40mph limit.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 7 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 8 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
Officers also found a number of vehicles flouting the speed limits along Axmouth Straight.
Three were travelling over 50mph, while eight were travelling between 41 to 45mph and one was travelling between 46 and 50mph.