Suspected arson attack on Axminster shop
- Credit: Archant
Police are treating a fire at Chris’s Tat Shack Tattoo Studio on Lyme Road, Axminster, at around 2am yesterday (Sunday, August 9), as arson.
It is believed that an accelerant was used to aid the spread of the fire which appears to have started from the letterbox and a window which was smashed in the incident. Damage was caused to the door frame and curtains inside.
A police spokesman said: “Thankfully, there was no damage caused to the residential flats above the shop.
“Threatening graffiti was also daubed on the shop’s exterior. Spray paint was used to obscure CCTV at the front of the building.”
The suspects are described as being white males in their late teens, wearing tracksuits, possibly grey in colour, masks and hoods.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting CR/065418/20.
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption