Suspected arson attack on Axminster shop
- Credit: Archant
Police are treating a fire at Chris’s Tat Shack Tattoo Studio on Lyme Road, Axminster, at around 2am yesterday (Sunday, August 9), as arson.
It is believed that an accelerant was used to aid the spread of the fire which appears to have started from the letterbox and a window which was smashed in the incident. Damage was caused to the door frame and curtains inside.
A police spokesman said: “Thankfully, there was no damage caused to the residential flats above the shop.
“Threatening graffiti was also daubed on the shop’s exterior. Spray paint was used to obscure CCTV at the front of the building.”
The suspects are described as being white males in their late teens, wearing tracksuits, possibly grey in colour, masks and hoods.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting CR/065418/20.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts