Police hunt youths after building attacked
- Credit: Archant
Lyme Regis playing field pavilion suffers water and fire damage
Police are hunting three youths after the Candles on the Cobb Pavilion, at Anning Road, Lyme Regis, was vandalised on Saturday afternoon (January 12).
The toilet and sink were deliberately blocked then the area was flooded.
Toilets rolls were set on fire which caused damage to the vinyl flooring and the holders.
The cleaner attended, by chance, and chased off three youths. One was wearing a red hoodie and one a grey hoodie. Later that evening several bins in Langmoor gardens were set alight.
You may also want to watch:
The pavilion attack happened at about 2.30pm and PC Richard Winward is appealing for anyone with information to come forward. They can call 101 or contact him directly on Twitter at @Lymecop.
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption