Police launch Facebook campaign
Devon and Cornwall Constabulary is targeting young people in a new Facebook campaign to raise awareness of domestic abuse.
Devon and Cornwall Constabulary has launched a Facebook campaign to raise awareness about domestic abuse amongst young people.
The Is this Love? campaign has been launched today, in the run-up to Valentines Day, to help young people understand what is acceptable in relationships and what is not
Detective Superintendent John Clements said “The Facebook campaign will enable us to reach a young audience in a way they are familiar with.
“We will use a wide range of media on the page to help them recognise behaviours that are wrong in a relationship and encourage them to seek help if they are worried about themselves or their friends.”
You may also want to watch:
A recent study by the NSPCC into issues of partner violence in teenage intimate relationships found that a quarter of girls and 18 per cent of boys reported some form of physical violence.
The Facebook campaign, which runs until Monday, February 14, contains videos, blogs, support and advice about domestic abuse.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 8 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 9 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 10 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
For more information visit www.facebook.com/pages/Is-this-love/179748075399122