Police launch Facebook campaign
Devon and Cornwall Constabulary is targeting young people in a new Facebook campaign to raise awareness of domestic abuse.
Devon and Cornwall Constabulary has launched a Facebook campaign to raise awareness about domestic abuse amongst young people.
The Is this Love? campaign has been launched today, in the run-up to Valentines Day, to help young people understand what is acceptable in relationships and what is not
Detective Superintendent John Clements said “The Facebook campaign will enable us to reach a young audience in a way they are familiar with.
“We will use a wide range of media on the page to help them recognise behaviours that are wrong in a relationship and encourage them to seek help if they are worried about themselves or their friends.”
A recent study by the NSPCC into issues of partner violence in teenage intimate relationships found that a quarter of girls and 18 per cent of boys reported some form of physical violence.
The Facebook campaign, which runs until Monday, February 14, contains videos, blogs, support and advice about domestic abuse.
- 1 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 2 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 3 South West warning for drought issued
- 4 Happy Hippos all set for Peninsula push
- 5 Kilmington driver admits injuring woman in Axminster crash
- 6 Honiton history: Four generations of the Hussey family auctions
- 7 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
- 8 Seaton ladies storm into semi-finals of Top Club competition
- 9 All aboard! new halt for Seaton Tramway
- 10 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
For more information visit www.facebook.com/pages/Is-this-love/179748075399122