Police name Southleigh death crash victim
- Credit: Archant
Tributes paid to a loving family man from Seaton
A man who died in a collision near Southleigh has been named as Richard Daniel Manley, aged 43.
Originally from Plymouth, he had lately been living in Seaton with his young family.
Richard was described by his family as loving father, brother and son who was very proud of his time serving in 26 Royal Engineers. He was always willing to help anyone in need and nothing was ever too much trouble for him. He was a genuinely good guy, with a heart of gold who will be sorely missed by all his family and friends.
Richard’s family have been overwhelmed by messages of support during this difficult time and would like to thank everyone has contacted them. They would now like some time to come to terms with their loss.
You may also want to watch:
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances of the collision, which took place at Broad Down in Southleigh around 11.35am on Wednesday, January 14, and involved a tractor and a silver coloured Vauxhall Zafira, which Mr Manley was driving. The tractor driver was uninjured.
Police would like to hear from anyone who saw the incident or was in the area shortly before or after the incident took place and ask witnesses to call police on 101 quoting reference 290 of 14th January.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott