Police raid Colyton property - man arrested
Property search launched following an alleged fraud.
POLICE raided a property in Colyton today (Tuesday) following an ongoing investigation into alleged fraud.
In a statement released today, police said: “In March 2011 police began a fraud investigation after receiving an allegation about Skiing Europe, a travel company based in East Devon.
“As part of this ongoing investigation Devon and Cornwall Police’s economic crime unit has today, July 19, executed a search warrant at a property near Colyton.
“Searches of the premises have been conducted with the help of officers from the force’s high-tech crime unit and Trading Standards.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers arrested a 70-year-old man from Colyton under the Fraud Act. He has been taken to Heavitree Road police station for questioning.”
DC Martin Battershill added: “This is a complex investigation involving assistance from forces around the country, as well as other agencies. We are working to ascertain whether criminal offences have been committed in the running of Skiing Europe.”
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery