Police raid Colyton property - man arrested
Property search launched following an alleged fraud.
POLICE raided a property in Colyton today (Tuesday) following an ongoing investigation into alleged fraud.
In a statement released today, police said: “In March 2011 police began a fraud investigation after receiving an allegation about Skiing Europe, a travel company based in East Devon.
“As part of this ongoing investigation Devon and Cornwall Police’s economic crime unit has today, July 19, executed a search warrant at a property near Colyton.
“Searches of the premises have been conducted with the help of officers from the force’s high-tech crime unit and Trading Standards.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers arrested a 70-year-old man from Colyton under the Fraud Act. He has been taken to Heavitree Road police station for questioning.”
DC Martin Battershill added: “This is a complex investigation involving assistance from forces around the country, as well as other agencies. We are working to ascertain whether criminal offences have been committed in the running of Skiing Europe.”
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 4 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer