Police raid Colyton property - man arrested
Property search launched following an alleged fraud.
POLICE raided a property in Colyton today (Tuesday) following an ongoing investigation into alleged fraud.
In a statement released today, police said: “In March 2011 police began a fraud investigation after receiving an allegation about Skiing Europe, a travel company based in East Devon.
“As part of this ongoing investigation Devon and Cornwall Police’s economic crime unit has today, July 19, executed a search warrant at a property near Colyton.
“Searches of the premises have been conducted with the help of officers from the force’s high-tech crime unit and Trading Standards.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers arrested a 70-year-old man from Colyton under the Fraud Act. He has been taken to Heavitree Road police station for questioning.”
DC Martin Battershill added: “This is a complex investigation involving assistance from forces around the country, as well as other agencies. We are working to ascertain whether criminal offences have been committed in the running of Skiing Europe.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 4 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 8 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington