Police raid suspected cannabis cultivation site
Busy time for police in Dunkeswell.
Police in Honiton have shut down a suspected cannabis cultivation site on a residential estate in Dunkeswell.
A warrant was executed by officers last Thursday morning on the Highfield Estate.
It is alleged a cannabis cultivation site was found in an upstairs room.
A 26-year-old man was arrested and has been bailed to attend Heavitree Road police station, Exeter, at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “This is another positive result in the disruption of the supply and use of drugs in our area.”
On the same day, the local policing support team in conjunction with specialist officers from the road crime unit and neighbourhood policing team carried out a traffic operation in the village.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
The spokesman added: “The object of this was to carry out stop checks on vehicles to check for roadworthiness, driving and document offences.
“The majority of vehicles stopped were all in order, with only a few minor offences being highlighted.”