Police seek couple after fatal Axminster crash
Police appeal after Axminster accident
AXMINSTER police want to trace a couple who stopped to help and injured motorcyclist who later died.
Derek Edward Davies, 76, from the Taunton area, crashed on the B3261 close to the junction with the A35, at around 5.30pm on Friday October 8.
His Kawasaki GPZ 500 motorcycle was the only vehicle involved.
Mr Davies was taken by Air Ambulance to the Royal Devon and Exeter hospital but died two days later as a result of medical complications.
Now police desperately want to find a couple who stopped to help the injured man.
They are potential witnesses to the collision and may be able to offer vital help, say officers.
- 1 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 3 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 4 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 5 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 6 Taxidermy alligator set to go under the hammer in Honiton
- 7 Neighbourhood plan launched for Broadclyst
- 8 Devon's newest MP raises issue of rural fuel duty in parliament
- 9 Former Seaton bank to become shop
- 10 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
The car they were driving is described as an older style red vehicle about the size of a VW Golf.
The driver was a white woman aged, around 40, with brown, possibly wavy, hair tied in a ponytail. She was wearing a mauve T-shirt and jeans and is of large build. The woman is believed to have helped the injured man at the scene.
The front seat passenger is a white man also aged in his 40s. He is of slight build with light hair and was wearing jeans. He helped move the motorcycle following the collision.
The car was driving from the Kilmington direction.
The couple, or anyone who knows them, are asked to call police on 08452 777444, quoting log 856 081010.
Police stress these people are sought as witnesses.