Police seek HGV driver who failed to stop after fatal collision on A30
- Credit: Archant
Police are currently at the scene of a fatal collision on the A30.
Police were notified at around 7am today (Tuesday) to reports of a head-on collision between a BMW and an HGV on the A30 Upottery near Honiton.
The driver of the BMW was declared deceased at the scene. The driver has yet to have been identified and therefore next of kin have yet to have been informed.
A police spokesperson said: “We believe that, moments prior to the collision, a dark BMW attempted to overtake a Silverback Tipper HGV milk tanker or chemical tanker.
“This HGV did not stop following the collision which took place moments later in which the driver of the BMW died.
You may also want to watch:
“As a matter of urgency we are urging the driver of the tanker to get in touch with the police so we can get their account of what happened.
“If you were driving a silver HGV tanker this morning on the A30 at around 6.50am please contact police on 101 quoting log number 127 for February 13.”
- 1 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
- 4 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 5 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 6 East Devon Property of the Week
- 7 When a waffle is good for your health
- 8 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 9 Litter pickers unite to launch blitz on untidy blackspots
- 10 Family campaigns to fund flower barn at 'paradise' site
Closures remain in place in both directions between the A35 and A303 whilst investigative work continues into this incident.