Police seek HGV driver who failed to stop after fatal collision on A30
- Credit: Archant
Police are currently at the scene of a fatal collision on the A30.
Police were notified at around 7am today (Tuesday) to reports of a head-on collision between a BMW and an HGV on the A30 Upottery near Honiton.
The driver of the BMW was declared deceased at the scene. The driver has yet to have been identified and therefore next of kin have yet to have been informed.
A police spokesperson said: “We believe that, moments prior to the collision, a dark BMW attempted to overtake a Silverback Tipper HGV milk tanker or chemical tanker.
“This HGV did not stop following the collision which took place moments later in which the driver of the BMW died.
You may also want to watch:
“As a matter of urgency we are urging the driver of the tanker to get in touch with the police so we can get their account of what happened.
“If you were driving a silver HGV tanker this morning on the A30 at around 6.50am please contact police on 101 quoting log number 127 for February 13.”
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
Closures remain in place in both directions between the A35 and A303 whilst investigative work continues into this incident.