Police supported Honiton and District Carnival
Committee had help at hand.
ALTHOUGH police are no longer providing road block cover at carnivals in Devon, officers were out in force to support last night’s Honiton and District Carnival.
Positioned along the route, they were on hand - should a problem occur during the procession.
All the town’s senior officers turned out to support the event, including Inspector Antonia Weeks and Sergeant Martin Burrow.
Long-serving Pc Ian Atyeo, neighbourhood beat manager, led the front line policing team.
Road blocks were this year operated by Somerset and West Dorset Marshals.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 3 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 4 Special tree tribute to lost loved ones launched
- 5 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 6 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
- 7 Beer beat Bucks to reach the last eight
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Beer's three days of Christmas
- 10 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate