Police supported Honiton and District Carnival
Committee had help at hand.
ALTHOUGH police are no longer providing road block cover at carnivals in Devon, officers were out in force to support last night’s Honiton and District Carnival.
Positioned along the route, they were on hand - should a problem occur during the procession.
All the town’s senior officers turned out to support the event, including Inspector Antonia Weeks and Sergeant Martin Burrow.
Long-serving Pc Ian Atyeo, neighbourhood beat manager, led the front line policing team.
You may also want to watch:
Road blocks were this year operated by Somerset and West Dorset Marshals.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 4 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 5 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 6 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 8 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 9 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 10 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air