Police supported Honiton and District Carnival
Committee had help at hand.
ALTHOUGH police are no longer providing road block cover at carnivals in Devon, officers were out in force to support last night’s Honiton and District Carnival.
Positioned along the route, they were on hand - should a problem occur during the procession.
All the town’s senior officers turned out to support the event, including Inspector Antonia Weeks and Sergeant Martin Burrow.
Long-serving Pc Ian Atyeo, neighbourhood beat manager, led the front line policing team.
You may also want to watch:
Road blocks were this year operated by Somerset and West Dorset Marshals.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax