Police supported Honiton and District Carnival
Committee had help at hand.
ALTHOUGH police are no longer providing road block cover at carnivals in Devon, officers were out in force to support last night’s Honiton and District Carnival.
Positioned along the route, they were on hand - should a problem occur during the procession.
All the town’s senior officers turned out to support the event, including Inspector Antonia Weeks and Sergeant Martin Burrow.
Long-serving Pc Ian Atyeo, neighbourhood beat manager, led the front line policing team.
You may also want to watch:
Road blocks were this year operated by Somerset and West Dorset Marshals.
- 1 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 2 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 3 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 4 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 5 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 6 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 9 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges