Police to crackdown on speeding drivers
- Credit: Archant
Police in Honiton will be getting tougher on drivers flouting the speed limits in the town.
PC Steve Lee, the neighbourhood beat manager for Honiton Town, says officers will be continuing to carry out speed monitoring in the town.
“The police are actively going out at various times of the day, particularly in areas like Battishorne Way and further afield,” says PC Lee. “We have had a period where we have been giving drivers advice and taking their details but that time is now coming to an end. We feel people have had plenty of notice and we will be giving tickets out. Anyone who gets stopped for speeding will be more rigidly dealt with.”
Speeding was identified as a top concern by residents when officers held ‘have your say’ surgeries in the town.
“People just need to be more careful,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
PC Lee hopes the message has been getting through to drivers and said: “If I don’t have to hand out any tickets I will be happy.”
Motorists are also being reminded to ensure their vehicle is in a safe condition to be driven, especially during the winter months, and to make sure they can see clearly out of their windscreen before setting out on their journey.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond