Popular ferry link to France relaunched
Barfleur set to return on the Poole to Cherbourg run
THE French cruise ferry MV Barfleur is being returned to service on the Poole to Cherbourg run - to the delight of travellers across West Dorset and East Devon.
Operators Brittany Ferries mothballed the ship last year because they said she was consistently operating at a loss.
Now the company says she will be returned to service on February 27 following public demand.
Mike Bevens, Group Commercial Passenger Director said: “We have been working hard to see how we could reintroduce this popular ship profitably and believe that we have found a solution by getting the passenger/freight mix right since the new service will carry proportionately fewer passengers.”
You may also want to watch:
“We will operate the service throughout the summer, and then review its commercial viability towards the end of September 2011. Having listened to the concerns of the community, we now need to call upon everyone’s support of our decision to bring back Barfleur.”
Bookings for these new services can be made soon either online at www.brittanyferries.com or by calling 0871 244 1400.
- 1 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
- 2 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 3 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 4 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 5 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 8 Independent family store embraces future with retailing first
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 The importance of renewable energy