Popular ferry link to France relaunched
Barfleur set to return on the Poole to Cherbourg run
THE French cruise ferry MV Barfleur is being returned to service on the Poole to Cherbourg run - to the delight of travellers across West Dorset and East Devon.
Operators Brittany Ferries mothballed the ship last year because they said she was consistently operating at a loss.
Now the company says she will be returned to service on February 27 following public demand.
Mike Bevens, Group Commercial Passenger Director said: “We have been working hard to see how we could reintroduce this popular ship profitably and believe that we have found a solution by getting the passenger/freight mix right since the new service will carry proportionately fewer passengers.”
You may also want to watch:
“We will operate the service throughout the summer, and then review its commercial viability towards the end of September 2011. Having listened to the concerns of the community, we now need to call upon everyone’s support of our decision to bring back Barfleur.”
Bookings for these new services can be made soon either online at www.brittanyferries.com or by calling 0871 244 1400.
- 1 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 2 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 3 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 4 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 5 Nightingale hospital in running for top industry award
- 6 Honiton’s Julian Phillips wins Devon past Captains event
- 7 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 8 Festival fishing in Torbay and Lyme Regis
- 9 Axe Valley Runners wear the national jersey
- 10 Three more businesses become plastic-free champions