Popular sausage and cider festival to make sizzling return
PUBLISHED: 11:04 12 January 2015 | UPDATED: 11:05 12 January 2015
The festival will hit Honiton again in May
Organisers of the hugely popular Honiton Sausage and Cider Festival have confirmed a second festival is being planned for 2015 and promises to be bigger and better.
The proposed festival will run on May 1 and 2, at Honiton Showground - a brand new location, which offers more space and improved facilities.
Last year’s event, held at Old Honiton Agricultural Showground, in Langford Road, was a was a huge hit with attendees, and netted valuable funds for Devon Freewheelers and local causes.
Daniel Lavery, festival organiser and founder of the Freewheelers, said: “We are really excited at the prospect of putting together this second festival for the people of Honiton.
“The reaction to the first one was so positive, everyone enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. We received a huge number of requests to do it all again in 2015.”
The festival, which is still subject to licence, will now boast a full size open air stage and professional sound system.
More stands are being booked to allow more local sausage producers and other caterers to sell their goods.
Additional family activities will also be on site - including laser quest and a funfair – and additional toilets and litter control will all add to a smoother experience.
“We’ve listened to what people said about the first festival,” Mr Lavery added. “It was a learning curve for us but with one under our belt, we feel confident that we are covering all bases in terms of organisation.”
Ticket prices will be raised marginally to £15 for an adult, with children’s tickets currently under discussion.
The festival capacity will remain at 5,000 people on each day and camping tickets are £10 for the weekend.
Tickets are likely to go on sale at the end of January.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.