Positive response to plan to turn Honiton pink
Secretary of the chamber of commerce is delighted.
“ABSOLUTELY amazing and positive” – words used to describe the response to plans to Turn Honiton Pink.
Cancer Research UK wants to turn Honiton pink next month, as part of a pilot project to raise awareness about its work and fund-raising. It is a campaign wholeheartedly endorsed by Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
“The majority of businesses have immediately said they would like to take part on Saturday, October 16,” said the chamber’s secretary, Margaret Lewis. “I am waiting to hear back from just a few people, who have to contact their head offices.”
Mrs Lewis said it as taken her longer than anticipated to visit every business and is urging anyone who hasn’t heard from her to get in touch. “The response has been absolutely amazing and positive,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
To be part of Turn Honiton Pink, email email@example.com or call Mrs Lewis on (01404) 42002.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 3 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 4 Have your say on future development of village
- 5 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 6 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 7 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 8 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 9 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 10 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching