Positive response to plan to turn Honiton pink
Secretary of the chamber of commerce is delighted.
“ABSOLUTELY amazing and positive” – words used to describe the response to plans to Turn Honiton Pink.
Cancer Research UK wants to turn Honiton pink next month, as part of a pilot project to raise awareness about its work and fund-raising. It is a campaign wholeheartedly endorsed by Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
“The majority of businesses have immediately said they would like to take part on Saturday, October 16,” said the chamber’s secretary, Margaret Lewis. “I am waiting to hear back from just a few people, who have to contact their head offices.”
Mrs Lewis said it as taken her longer than anticipated to visit every business and is urging anyone who hasn’t heard from her to get in touch. “The response has been absolutely amazing and positive,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
To be part of Turn Honiton Pink, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mrs Lewis on (01404) 42002.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery