Positive response to plan to turn Honiton pink
Secretary of the chamber of commerce is delighted.
“ABSOLUTELY amazing and positive” – words used to describe the response to plans to Turn Honiton Pink.
Cancer Research UK wants to turn Honiton pink next month, as part of a pilot project to raise awareness about its work and fund-raising. It is a campaign wholeheartedly endorsed by Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
“The majority of businesses have immediately said they would like to take part on Saturday, October 16,” said the chamber’s secretary, Margaret Lewis. “I am waiting to hear back from just a few people, who have to contact their head offices.”
Mrs Lewis said it as taken her longer than anticipated to visit every business and is urging anyone who hasn’t heard from her to get in touch. “The response has been absolutely amazing and positive,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
To be part of Turn Honiton Pink, email email@example.com or call Mrs Lewis on (01404) 42002.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 7 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 It's time to get on your bike for the Hospiscare Tour de Devon