Potholes need reporting
I, too, fell foul of the pothole/crater outside of Wolford Chapel in Limers Lane, near Dunkeswell. I, too, was shocked by the amount of people who had fallen foul of this problem, but more shocked to be told by Devon County Council that no one had report it, five days after it appeared.
I, too, fell foul of the pothole/crater outside of Wolford Chapel in Limers Lane, near Dunkeswell.
I, too, was shocked by the amount of people who had fallen foul of this problem, but more shocked to be told by Devon County Council that no one had reported it, five days after it appeared.
It was marked the day I complained and filled 24 hours later.
One of two things strikes me here, either Devon County Council is mistaken to say no-one had reported it, or the people who had fallen foul of it before me did not report it, which I find completely irresponsible.
You may also want to watch:
Devon County Council is so busy fixing practically every road in the county so, if a hole appears, people should report it.
This does two things - it gets the hole fixed, so that other people don't suffer the same fate, and it also gives the person who suffers damage to their car a chance to claim for the repair.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 7 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
I received the claim forms within 48hrs and have now got to get a quote and submit it. There is no guarantee that they will pay out, but they should as it was not my fault but that of a road not fit for use.
I would urge anyone who sees a pothole to report it.