Potholes need reporting
I, too, fell foul of the pothole/crater outside of Wolford Chapel in Limers Lane, near Dunkeswell. I, too, was shocked by the amount of people who had fallen foul of this problem, but more shocked to be told by Devon County Council that no one had report it, five days after it appeared.
I, too, fell foul of the pothole/crater outside of Wolford Chapel in Limers Lane, near Dunkeswell.
I, too, was shocked by the amount of people who had fallen foul of this problem, but more shocked to be told by Devon County Council that no one had reported it, five days after it appeared.
It was marked the day I complained and filled 24 hours later.
One of two things strikes me here, either Devon County Council is mistaken to say no-one had reported it, or the people who had fallen foul of it before me did not report it, which I find completely irresponsible.
You may also want to watch:
Devon County Council is so busy fixing practically every road in the county so, if a hole appears, people should report it.
This does two things - it gets the hole fixed, so that other people don't suffer the same fate, and it also gives the person who suffers damage to their car a chance to claim for the repair.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 5 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 6 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 9 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 10 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
I received the claim forms within 48hrs and have now got to get a quote and submit it. There is no guarantee that they will pay out, but they should as it was not my fault but that of a road not fit for use.
I would urge anyone who sees a pothole to report it.