Praise for Honiton's new street cleaner
TRADERS and shoppers have been singing the praises of Honiton s new street cleaner, Anthony Westcott (pictured right).
TRADERS and shoppers have been singing the praises of Honiton's new street cleaner, Anthony Westcott (pictured right).
Taxi driver Adrian Phillips said: "He didn't leave a single stray leaf in the street the other day."
Former builder's labourer Mr Westcott, 63, of Exeter, cleans High Street and New Street six days a week, from 8am to 3pm.
"I like the job, because it's out in the fresh air and I meet a lot of people," he told the Herald. "The hardest part of my job is cleaning outside the Congregational Church.
"I now know why leaves are called leaves, because they regularly leave the tree!
"One or two people have said they are pleased with how tidy the town centre is."
- 1 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 2 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 3 Chard youngsters overcome fears and make memories at activity centre
- 4 Date reportedly set for Tiverton and Honiton by-election
- 5 Recycled toy shop's kind gesture to Ukrainian families
- 6 Talaton gardens re-opens for the summer
- 7 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 8 Biker killed in Devon crash named
- 9 Grantchester star and former Colyton Grammar student Tom Brittney goes ‘back to school’
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
Mr Wescott said his colleague, Dan, who empties bins, deserves equal praise.
He added: "What I find is that if you keep on top of a job it's easier to do.