Praise for Honiton's new street cleaner
TRADERS and shoppers have been singing the praises of Honiton s new street cleaner, Anthony Westcott (pictured right).
TRADERS and shoppers have been singing the praises of Honiton's new street cleaner, Anthony Westcott (pictured right).
Taxi driver Adrian Phillips said: "He didn't leave a single stray leaf in the street the other day."
Former builder's labourer Mr Westcott, 63, of Exeter, cleans High Street and New Street six days a week, from 8am to 3pm.
"I like the job, because it's out in the fresh air and I meet a lot of people," he told the Herald. "The hardest part of my job is cleaning outside the Congregational Church.
You may also want to watch:
"I now know why leaves are called leaves, because they regularly leave the tree!
"One or two people have said they are pleased with how tidy the town centre is."
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 6 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 7 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 10 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
Mr Wescott said his colleague, Dan, who empties bins, deserves equal praise.
He added: "What I find is that if you keep on top of a job it's easier to do.