Chardstock Fayre team donates £4,000
- Credit: Archant
Worthy causes have received the first share of some £4,000 being handed out by the Chardstock Street Fayre (CSF) team.
Cheques were presented at St Andrew's CE Primary Academy on Friday (October 4).
The money donated was the result of fundraising efforts during the course of 2019.
This included The Chardstock Challenge 10k and fun run, The Great Chardstock Duck Race and Chardstock Street Fayre.
Devon Air Ambulance Trust (DAAT) received £1,000, Little Acorns@St Andrews (pre-school) £1,000 and Chardstock Park Trust £500.
You may also want to watch:
A cheque for £1.500 will be presented to Chardstock Community Hall Trust at '70's Night', an event to be held later in the month to celebrate the completion of a major refurbishment programme of the invaluable community building.
This year's Chardstock Street Fayre was the village's 20th and attracted a record number. Since it started more than £58,000 has been raised to support local organisations
- 1 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 2 Hot pennies team plan bumper event to mark charter anniversary
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Scouts welcome Ernie
- 5 Escot provides 'forever' home for rescued bear cubs
- 6 Streetwise author launches second edition of historical A to Z
- 7 Couple support hospital that cared for tragic grandson
- 8 Mentoring helps to encourage development and leadership
- 9 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 10 New silverware up for grabs as flower and produce fair returns