Pre school goes on safari
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from Little Acorns at Shute track down the animals at Axe Valley Wildlife Park
Little Acorns Pre-School, at Shute, spent a morning ‘on safari’ at ‘The Axe Valley Wildlife Park’.
The children, staff and parents enjoyed looking out for all the different animals that live there.
During their visit they saw black swans swimming, zebras having a dust bath and chipmunks enjoying fun in the sun.
They even tried to jump as far as a wallaby.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, it was a little bit hot for the KuneKune pig who decided to lay in the shade of his sty.
Michele Young, pre-school leader, said: “It was brilliant. The owners and staff couldn’t have been more helpful. I didn’t realise how much they had to offer until visiting.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
“They cater for all ages and even gave us our own lockable shed to keep our belongings in so we didn’t have to carry them around with us. The children loved the fact all the birds were able to roam free. I’m sure we missed something, there is so much to explore.”
After lunch the children continued the fun playing on the swings and slides while the peacocks and hens looked on.
For further details on the pre-school call 07592 899236. To find a=out more about the park, which also does a ‘wildlife activity challenge’ for visiting school groups, call 01297 34472.