Prepared to go to jail over windows
Your headline Shop owner must remove windows has given me another worrying night and, as a result, I am today writing to East Devon District Council. Apparently, all our letters on this case are unread. Fifteen photographs that Mrs Denney sent in, mo
Your headline "Shop owner must remove windows" has given me another worrying night and, as a result, I am today writing to East Devon District Council.
Apparently, all our letters on this case are unread. Fifteen photographs that Mrs Denney sent in, months ago, not even looked at!
And we vote these people in!
We pay these people more than our pensions to make up rules and regulations. I fear, their pride sometimes refuses to let them admit they may be wrong! Would they go to extremes and send her to prison? Well, count me in to take her place!
I'm old, but she is young enough to do a good job, keeping a nice shop open and interesting and appealing to the few visitors we have now that the holiday camp has closed.
Are they trying to keep their work level down?
- 1 Judi Spiers re-dedicates Pecorama train Jimmy
- 2 The day a fallen scarecrow was mistaken for a dead body
- 3 Man attacks seagull with cricket bat in Lyme Regis
- 4 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 5 Honiton councillor finalist for young civic awards
- 6 Review: Confusions, by Colyton Theatre Group
- 7 Will people talk in 40 years about the 2022 heatwave like we talk about 1976?
- 8 Exmouth nurse doing charity wing-walk this Sunday
- 9 Three people injured in paragliding accident at Lyme
- 10 Honiton's Showcase of Rural Life
Is the current motto "Not bothered"? It is so, so sad.
The human race, even in glorious Devon, continues to disappoint me more and more.
Where has common sense and compassion from EDDC gone?
What plans are next on their list to cause us sleepless nights and misery?