Prepared to go to jail over windows
Your headline Shop owner must remove windows has given me another worrying night and, as a result, I am today writing to East Devon District Council. Apparently, all our letters on this case are unread. Fifteen photographs that Mrs Denney sent in, mo
Your headline "Shop owner must remove windows" has given me another worrying night and, as a result, I am today writing to East Devon District Council.
Apparently, all our letters on this case are unread. Fifteen photographs that Mrs Denney sent in, months ago, not even looked at!
And we vote these people in!
We pay these people more than our pensions to make up rules and regulations. I fear, their pride sometimes refuses to let them admit they may be wrong! Would they go to extremes and send her to prison? Well, count me in to take her place!
You may also want to watch:
I'm old, but she is young enough to do a good job, keeping a nice shop open and interesting and appealing to the few visitors we have now that the holiday camp has closed.
Are they trying to keep their work level down?
- 1 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 2 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 3 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 4 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 5 Families' feedback is great after kids tuck in to food initiative
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 10 School recognised for appliance of science
Is the current motto "Not bothered"? It is so, so sad.
The human race, even in glorious Devon, continues to disappoint me more and more.
Where has common sense and compassion from EDDC gone?
What plans are next on their list to cause us sleepless nights and misery?