Prescription for a vibrant Axminster Hospital
- Credit: Archant
League of Friends to outline its plans at the annual general meeting on June 16
Axminster Hospital League of Friends will hold its annual general meeting at The Guildhall on Friday, June 16, at 6.30pm.
The guest speaker will be surgeon John Thompson and organisers say there will be news of some exciting developments, including new digital imaging X-ray equipment and other plans for keeping the hospital vibrant.
The X-ray machinery is in the process of being commissioned so it should not be too long before its benefits are being felt by patients and clinicians.
A spokeswoman for the League said: “The hospital’s outpatients, consultant clinics, day surgery, ophthalmic procedures and numerous other therapies along with the Conybeare unit are growing and/or improving.
You may also want to watch:
“Most of these departments have been supported financially by the League of Friends who continue to raise funds that will ensure the Hospital remains active and continue to provide an invaluable service to the community.
“Recently it became necessary to change the League’s bank from HSBC in Chard to Lloyds in Axminster. This has meant those members of the league paying their subscription by direct debit will need to change their mandate to the new banking details. “To facilitate this we are postponing for a year the cessation of the mailed newsletters and have sent the newsletter out, as usual, in May. If anyone has not already changed their mandate please complete the one included in the newsletter and return to the treasurer, Steve Holt, by mail or by hand, to Axminster Hospital, Chard Road, Axminster, Devon EX13 5 DU. “Alternatively they can give it to any member of the committee at the AGM.”
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon