Present Makers selling exhibition has best-ever opening day at Honiton gallery
- Credit: Archant
A selling exhibition at a Honiton gallery had its best ever opening.
Present Makers, at the Thelma Hulbert Gallery (THG) in Dowell Street, launched on Saturday, November 9 and saw a positive response across the board from shoppers.
THG's Fiona Page-Turner said: "It shows we have a really good collection this year and really interesting and contemporary crafts.
"This is celebrating the huge quality of local craftsmanship - there is a really wide selection of gifts."
The selling exhibition runs until Saturday, December 21.
You may also want to watch:
The work on sale comprises items created from glass, wood, paper, textiles, prints, ceramics, furniture and jewellery.
Mrs Page-Turner added: "We had the best selling day of any opening day of this exhibition.
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
"We think it is a good sign for this particular exhibition - it shows the talent of South West artists and how prized beautiful craftsmanship is."