Prevent ‘open warfare’ in Honiton
Theatrical groups need a secretary.
A secretary is needed by Honiton Players - to prevent open warfare.
That was the dramatic statement made by the theatrical group’s chairman, Sheila Wall, when she appealed for people to support the group’s forthcoming annual meeting.
“We’ve had no secretary since last autumn and it shows,” she told the Midweek Herald. “To prevent open warfare, we are in desperate need of someone who can send emails and take minutes.”
The annual meeting is to take place in the crypt of St Paul’s Church at 7.30pm on Monday, March 19. It is open not only to members but to all who are interested in any aspect of staging a play.
You may also want to watch:
After the official business, the Players’ summer programme of four short plays, largely by local dramatists, will be introduced, discussed and auditioned.
“This is an entirely new venture and we need actors, backstage people, inspiration and laughter,” said Sheila.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 4 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 5 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 6 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 7 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Sidmouth and Ottery hockey stung by Hornets
To find out more call Sheila on 01404 42685 or treasurer Nora Smith on 01404 47739.