Prison van crashes into central reservation
Driver and two prisoners hurt in accident on A38.
TWO prisoners have been taken to hospital for treatment after the van they were being transported in was involved in an accident.
Six prisoners were in the van when it crashed into the central reservation on the A38 just after mid-day today (Wednesday).
The van’s driver is said to be in a serious condition and was treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to hospital in Exeter.
It is understood by this newspaper that the driver may have fallen ill at the wheel.
You may also want to watch:
One lane of the westbound carriageway is closed while emergency crews are in attendance.
The two prisoners are not thought to be seriously injured, while the remaining four have been transferred to another vehicle.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track