Progress reported in tackling vandalism at Honiton beauty spot
- Credit: Archant
Honiton police swooped on a beauty spot and caught some youths vandalising saplings in the Glen.
Honiton PCSO Mingo said the youths were found after a passer-by called police following the damage.
Mr Mingo added: “Police received a call to the Glen on Sunday [March 8] regarding youths damaging newly-planted trees.
The Glen has suffered from a spate of damage over the past few months as reported in the Herald.
“I am pleased to inform the public that some progress has been made toward stopping this.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank our caller for informing us and I would again like to encourage members of the public to report any incidents of damage that they witness via our 101 number.”
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon