Proposed housing development in Colyford could thwart criminals
- Credit: Archant
A proposed new housing development in Colyford has been designed to deter burglars and other criminals from targeting the homes and their residents.
A planning application for 15 homes on a site west of Colyford Road has been submitted to East Devon District Council by Eden Land Planning.
It comprises ten affordable homes and five in ‘market executive’ style. In a report to the council, Create Architecture Ltd said it has designed the development to reduce the likelihood of crime and provide a safe environment for residents.
This includes good street lighting, making sure the public spaces are overlooked by the buildings, and planting trees and shrubs to create natural protection and boundaries.
The report also says the roads in the development will be designed to limit the speed of vehicles, making them safer for cyclists and pedestrians, and the site is close to public transport and local services and amenities.
You may also want to watch:
The planning application will be discussed at a future meeting of the council’s Development Management Committee.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners