Prospective parliamentary candidates to talk, Lyme Regis
ALL five prospective candidates for the West Dorset Parliamentary Constituency will appear in Lyme Regis in the election run up.
ALL five prospective candidates for the West Dorset Parliamentary Constituency will appear in Lyme Regis
in the election run up.
The meeting, which is open to everyone, will be held on Tuesday, April 13, in the Parish Hall of St. Michael's Church on Church Street. It will start at 7:30 p.m.
The candidates are Steve Bick (Labour), Oliver Chisholm (UKIP), Sue Farrant (Liberal Democrat), Susan Greene (Green Party), and Oliver Letwin (Conservative).
You may also want to watch:
They have been invited by the Lyme Regis group of Amnesty International, which is organising the event. They will speak briefly about their parties' policies on human rights, and then answer questions.
This is an unusual opportunity to meet all these candidates at one place - and at an important time, in national and world history, for the ways in which we respect each other's rights as members of the human family.
- 1 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 2 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 3 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 4 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 5 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 6 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 9 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 10 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
Questions should be submitted in advance, by email to email@example.com or in writing on the night.
There may be time for questions on the floor.
Those planning to attend should remember that the nearest parking is a few hundred yards away.