Prospective parliamentary candidates to talk, Lyme Regis
ALL five prospective candidates for the West Dorset Parliamentary Constituency will appear in Lyme Regis in the election run up.
ALL five prospective candidates for the West Dorset Parliamentary Constituency will appear in Lyme Regis
in the election run up.
The meeting, which is open to everyone, will be held on Tuesday, April 13, in the Parish Hall of St. Michael's Church on Church Street. It will start at 7:30 p.m.
The candidates are Steve Bick (Labour), Oliver Chisholm (UKIP), Sue Farrant (Liberal Democrat), Susan Greene (Green Party), and Oliver Letwin (Conservative).
You may also want to watch:
They have been invited by the Lyme Regis group of Amnesty International, which is organising the event. They will speak briefly about their parties' policies on human rights, and then answer questions.
This is an unusual opportunity to meet all these candidates at one place - and at an important time, in national and world history, for the ways in which we respect each other's rights as members of the human family.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
Questions should be submitted in advance, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing on the night.
There may be time for questions on the floor.
Those planning to attend should remember that the nearest parking is a few hundred yards away.